With this guide I want to show you how to send or receive money with Facebook Messenger. I also intend to answer the most frequently asked questions, such as the security of sending money via Messenger, or the amount that can be sent to the recipient via this service.
Hello, everybody! Welcome to my blog. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Frankie Caruso, an expert in messaging applications and a fan of hacking and tips to maximize the benefits of these services.
With this guide I am writing today, I would like to talk to you about sending money through Facebook Messenger.
I can divide this manual into three parts to make it a little easier for everyone. First of all, I would like to show you the steps to send money via the Facebook Messenger application. Secondly, I want to show you how to get the money that someone else sent this way. Finally, I will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about translating with Facebook Messenger, from security and privacy to accepted cards.
From 2015 Facebook users will be able to send money to their friends and contacts via Messenger. Unfortunately, this feature is currently not available worldwide. Currently the service is only available in the United States.
Like many others, you can consider this as an alternative and a safe way to make payments. For those who both use the Messenger application, this method can be faster than traditional transfers.
- Facebook enables all its users (currently in the US) to send and receive money via the Messenger application with Facebook Pay. This is a free extra service with a request.
- Facebook acts as a financial intermediary between those who send and those who receive.
- It’s perfectly safe to send money to people you know on Facebook. The Zuckerberg team has developed software for this purpose that protects users while providing constant protection against hackers and bots.
Before using the payment service, please take a minute to view some important details:
- You can only make (or receive) payments if you have linked your bank’s Visa/MasterCard debit card or PayPal account to your Facebook account.
- You must be over 18 years old to use Facebook Pay.
- You can send money to friends and family members you trust.
- You and your friend should live in the United States.
So let’s get straight to the point and see how you can send money to your friends via Facebook.
One of the main advantages of using Messenger to send/receive payments is that you can easily divide the cost of something like food among multiple people. For example, if a group discussion leads to a joint purchase or lunch, all participants can share the costs equally.
Sending money via Facebook Messenger
NOTE : You must have the Messenger application installed on your phone.
Below are three easy steps to set up your account so you can send money via the Facebook Messenger application on your iPhone or Android device.
- You’ve never used this service before? You must first link your Visa or MasterCard debit card or PayPal account to your Facebook profile. Log in to Facebook Pay via this link and add your preferred payment method and PIN to authenticate all payments you plan to make. The PIN code is not mandatory, but I advise everyone to do this to prevent unauthorized or even accidental payments. Pick a code that people who know you probably won’t guess.
- Then open a new conversation with the person you want to send the money to and then touch the plus sign (+) in the lower left corner of the screen. The possibilities are being expanded.
- Click on the ($) icon and enter the amount you want to send to this contact. Click on the Pay button and it will be sent.
Don’t forget to always indicate the reason for the money transfer. This is not mandatory, but can be useful for your own administration.
Look at you! You have sent your first payment via Facebook Messenger!
You should always make sure you have enough money in your account to avoid bank transfers or NSF checks before starting a transfer.
Receiving money via Facebook Messenger
You can just as quickly apply for money from a contact – just follow these simple steps.
- To receive money from your contact, you must first link your bank’s Visa/MasterCard debit card or PayPal account to your Facebook profile. Log in to Facebook Pay by clicking on this link and then add your desired payment method.
- Open a chat room with the user whose money you want to receive and then click on the plus (+) symbol in the bottom left corner.
- Select the ($) symbol from this list and enter the amount you want to receive. Click on the Request button and send a request for payment of this amount to the contact person.
Transferring the money to your linked bank account or PayPal account can take up to three business days. It depends on which bank you use in most situations.
Security measures used by Facebook
Can you ask Frankie if sending money via Facebook Messenger is safe?
Using the Facebook Pay service and sending or receiving payments via Messenger is absolutely safe.
How do I know that?
You can enter a PIN code or even a biometric identification (fingerprint, facial recognition, etc.) via the device. Not to mention the fact that a whole page contains information about the security measures of Facebook Pay and the privacy of its users.
The service is covered by anti-fraud technology that can track purchases, money transfers and more to detect unauthorized activities in real time. Facebook would also like to point out that the payment data is stored separately from the access data and is also highly encrypted.
I want to say one thing more clearly here: If your Facebook account is hacked, the attacker cannot access Facebook Pay and your payment details to send something to someone else or order items. When asked how to hack into your Facebook account, I wrote a guide on how to remove hackers or spyware from your Facebook Messenger account if you find them. You can find this information useful – check it out by clicking on this link.
Paying on FacebookFrequently asked questions
QUESTION MARK NUMBER. 1
How much money can I send with Facebook Pay?
The maximum amount a person can send/receive at once is $9,999. So the minimum that can be shipped is one dollar.
QUESTION MARK NUMBER. 2
Is Facebook paid or has it been paid for?
In layman’s terms, no. Facebook does not charge any fees or commissions for transferring money via Messenger.
QUESTION MARK NUMBER. 3
When will the money be transferred to my account?
Usually the translation only takes about a day. That depends on your bank and its specific policies. No case should take more than 3-4 days.
QUESTION MARK NUMBER. 4
Can I use the payments on Facebook for my personal business relationship?
You can’t do this because you can only do it with friends linked to Messenger, buy products available on Facebook Markeplace, buy tickets for sponsored events or donate to fundraisers.
QUESTION MARK NUMBER. 5
Does Facebook Pay only work with Facebook?
No, this service is available on both WhatsApp and Instagram. However, this service is currently only available in the United States on the basis of an application.
QUESTION MARK NUMBER. 6
When can I expect this to happen in my country?
I don’t have a good answer to that question. It is currently partly used via the United Kingdom. In other countries you should always check availability by clicking on this link.
I wanted to tell you everything I know about sending money on Facebook. I hope that the information you find in this guide will help you in your process and answer all your questions.
Before I say goodbye, let me give you a brief overview.
So far, money can only be sent and received by Messenger in the United States – between two parties living in that country.
In order to send and receive money, participants must link a Visa/MasterCard debit card from their bank or PayPal account to their Facebook profile.
You can send up to $9,999 free/free. It’s absolutely safe and protected. If you have any questions, doubts or concerns that are not answered in the guide, please leave a comment below so I can help you. I’ll be back as soon as I can.
Don’t forget to come back for more information about your favourite messaging applications.
I’m waiting for more tips and tricks.
PS – Did you know you can send/receive money on iMessage? Find out how, after reading my guide.
Sharing is well thought out!
facebook pay,how to send money on messenger android,paypal,how to transfer from messenger to facebook,youtube facebook pay,facebook pay app