Classic control panel under Windows 10
Do you know how to open the classic Control Panel in Windows 10? Microsoft has removed an old or classic control panel from Windows 10. According to the latest update in October 2020 (20H2), there is no way to access and use it – is there? But we’re going to show you some commands you can use to open the control panel. Here are the steps you need to follow to access the Classic System Control Panel in Windows 10.
Read it: Connecting to a Wi-Fi network on Windows 10
Where is the control panel?
You can access the control panel and use it to change Windows settings. These settings check and refine all things that affect the way Windows works and looks, and you can use them to customize Windows to your needs.
Opening the Control Panel in Windows 10
Windows 10 users can access Control Panel by going to the search box on the taskbar, opening Control Panel, and then selecting Control Panel from the search results.
Opening the Control Panel under Windows 8.1 / Windows RT 8.1
Go to the right side of the screen and drag, click Search, and in the search window, type Control Panel, and click or click Control Panel.
Opening the Control Panel in Windows 7
Select the Start button and then click on the control panel.
How to easily access the Control Panel as a classic system under Windows 10
For easy access to the classic Windows 10 control panel Here are the next steps:
- In the Windows search box, type Run and select Start Apps to open it, or click the Windows+R command to open the Run dialog box.
- Then copy and paste the command below into the Execute dialog box and press Enter. (See the command below).
- The control panel appears on your screen in all its former glory!
Open the battle and enter the command in the Execute dialog box
How to open a Classic Control Panel in Windows 10
Read it: Disabling Xbox performance messages on Windows 10
Creating a short system control panel
If you missed this page and you want to make it easier to access and use it, you can create a shortcut on the desktop that opens this page.
- Scroll to your desktop or folder,
- Right click on it and select New>Short Command.
- Enter the command in the Location Type field and select Next (see below).
- Give the label a name of your choice, for example Classic System or System.
Choose New, then choose Shortcut from shortcut menu
Enter a command in the short text dialog box
Name of your label
Read it: Best Windows 10 2020 image processing applications
To change the short icon Control Panel
If you create a shortcut that moves around the Control Panel and want to change the shortcut icon, follow these steps:
- Right click on Shortcut
- Select the Properties option from the menu below.
- Go to shortcut key
- Then click the Edit icon and select any icon, and then click OK.
- Finally, click Apply and OK to change the shortcut icon as desired.
Right-click on the short system file and select Properties
Switch to short tab, change icon
Select the icon and OK
Click Apply and OK to change the shortcut icon.
Read it: To create an Off icon in Windows 8 or 8.1
We tested it in the last October update of Windows 10 2020 Update, also known as 20H2. Microsoft may completely remove the taskbar in future versions of Windows 10. If this is the case, this team will cease work. Go to this page to learn how to create the Windows 10 completion icon.
More information about