There are many reasons why you would like to disable the automatic updates for the Steam Game. I’ve always hated to see my ping go through the roof when I played a competitive game from CS:GO. Other people simply don’t have the ability to download GB files every few weeks. Whatever the reason, we understand how annoying automatic steam updates can be.
Although Steam does not offer an official button to disable automatic updating, there are several ways to prevent the game from being accidentally updated at the most inconvenient moments.
With this in mind, here’s a quick guide to disabling steam updates. Although we cannot completely prevent updates, we can dictate how and when they take place.
Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go.
Allows games to be updated when Steamis started.
While this does not prevent your game from being updated, it does ensure that it is not updated while you are playing. Here’s how to get Steam to update the games at launch:
- Start opening Steam
- After the opening, go to your toy library – in the menu at the top of the steam hub.
- Find the game you want to edit, right click on it and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up window, select Updates from the top tabs.
- Then, in the Automatic updates drop-down menu, select the option to update this game only when I run it.
- Close the Properties window and the method will be executed.
Setting the time limit for automatic update
The next thing you can do to avoid annoying game updates is to manually set time limits for Steam to update the games. Here is a simple step-by-step guide to setting temporary update restrictions:
- Again, start opening Steam
- Then click on the View tab in the horizontal menu at the top of the paragraph.
- Simply select the setup option from the pull-down menu.
- Once you are in the settings, find the Downloads tab in the left menu and click on it.
- You should see a Download Restrictions section under the options that appear there. Enable the option to only play games with automatic updates in between.
- In the two drop-down lists below, you can enter the exact time you wish to limit to
- You can also set the amount of bandwidth that consumers download.
If you want to prevent updates from appearing almost completely, we recommend that you choose an extremely dark period (when your PC is switched off) and set the bandwidth to the lowest possible level.
Switch off steam start at startup
Finally, if it does not prevent Steam from being updated, it will prevent Steam from loading when Windows starts up, and can save you valuable time on the Internet. Learn how to stop the launch of steam here:
- As always, start loading steam
- Go to the Settings menu under the View tab in the Main Menu of Steam.
- Locate and select the interface on the Settings tab from the available options.
- In the user interface, you should see a checkbox labeled Run Steam when starting the computer.
- Uncheck the box and close the settings window.
Although Steam is one of the most popular gaming platforms, there are still a number of bugs and problems that can drive players crazy. Below is a list of our most popular troubleshooting pages:
So here’s our complete guide to disabling (limiting) automatic updates for steam games. Although you cannot completely disable the automatic updates, we have found good ways to prevent them from interrupting your game. In any case, your games will need to be updated at some point. However, if there is a game that you rarely play and prefer to improve on your own terms, this is a great way to do it.
If you have any questions about this article, feel free to leave a comment in the section below. We will answer all questions as soon as possible. Even better: Now you can go to our community center where you can discuss everything about computers and games with like-minded people.
how to stop steam from updating itself,how to stop steam from opening on startup,steam disable auto update reddit,steam auto update not working,only update this game when i launch it,steam always keep this game up to date,how to play a game on steam without updating,how to stop steam from auto-updating itself,turn off steam auto downloads,how to turn on automatic updates steam,disable steam client update,steam no updates,how to stop games from updating steam,prevent steam client from updating,skyrim se disable steam updates,steam only update this game when i launch it,turn off auto download switch,stop steam client auto update,disable steam auto update fallout 4,how to not update a game on steam,how to cancel steam updates,steam disable auto update for all games,how to stop steam from updating constantly,how to stop steam from updating on startup,steam disable all auto-updates,how to make steam auto-update games,steam not auto updating games