The Garmin range of fitness watches includes so many great smart watches that sometimes it’s hard to know which one is the best. The instincts of the Garmin Solar are very similar to those of the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar. The Garmin Phoenix 5 Plus has many features and specifications that distinguish it from both the instinctive solar panel and the Phoenix 6.
We have used all these smart watches many times and often wonder what is the best choice for certain activities. This is exactly what this comparison between Sun Instinct Garmin, Phoenix 5 and Phoenix 6 is looking for.
Garmin’s tanning instinct, Garmin Phoenix 5 Plus and Garmin Phoenix 6 are designed primarily for outdoor sports and fitness. Each watch is similar to the others, but the Garmin Sun Instinct has a full barometric system for tracking and setting the altimeter, making it the best choice for use in rough terrain.
These three innovative smart clocks achieve high marks on all important points for a fitness watch. This article covers everything you need to know about these three products, focusing on what makes one watch different from the other. Read on to find out more and find out what best suits your needs.
What are the similarities and differences between Garmin’s instincts for solar energy, Phoenix 5 Plus and Phoenix 6 Pro for solar energy?
All these watches have a lot in common, making it easy to explore these similar features and determine which watches have different functions. Each watch model is designed to perform in the roughest terrain, but each model has a different approach to how its features and available features respond.
Let’s take a look at the details of each watch:
Garmina’s Solar Instinct:
- Long battery life. The most important feature of the Instinct Solar is certainly the performance of the battery, which distinguishes it from the Fenix 5 and Fenix 6. This model is designed to charge solar energy, which is activated by UV rays if you have enough experience outdoors. Now you can enjoy a longer stay outdoors without having to worry about finding a charging station to operate your watch.
- Enhanced performance monitoring functions. Many watches designed for runners promise technology that can control your heart rate. With Garmin’s Sun Instinct, smart technology keeps you in sync with your heart rate through your wrist, which appears on the display for easy monitoring.
- Improvements to GPS, Glonass and Galileo. A common feature of all three watches is the inclusion of GPS functions such as Glonass and Galileo. With Garmin’s Sun Instinct, you now have all these GPS functions at your fingertips, such as B. Speed, distance per kilometre and adjustable intervals that turn on while walking with frequency. The inconvenience of having to take a mental note about how to walk at a distance is gone.
- New and improved adaptive curricula. For some of the most popular Garmin watches, customized training plans are available with the help of a Garmin trainer of your choice who will assist you throughout the race. Instinct Solar is one of the watches that includes this practical trainer that works well to help you achieve your goals in running or any other form of fitness seems to become routine.
- Advanced tactical skills. Another distinctive feature of Garmin’s Sun Instinct is the new edition of tactical performance tracking features. You can now synchronize your watch with enhancements such as night vision that syncs with compatible glasses. The Military Grid Coordinate System (MGRS) is also suitable for advanced longitudinal and latitudinal tracking.
WATCH THE AMAZONS
Garmin Phoenix 5 Plus:
- New and improved adaptive curricula. For some of the most popular Garmin watches, customized training plans are available with the help of a Garmin trainer of your choice who will assist you throughout the race. The Phoenix 5 Plus is one of the watches that includes this handy trainer that works well and helps you achieve your goals on days when running or any other form of fitness seems to become a routine.
- Advanced tactical skills. Another distinctive feature of Garmin Phoenix 5 Plus is the new version of Tactical Performance Tracking. You can now synchronize your watch with enhancements such as night vision that syncs with compatible glasses. The Military Grid Coordinate System (MGRS) is also suitable for advanced longitudinal and latitudinal tracking.
- Perfect for triathletes. The Garmin Phoenix 5 Plus is designed to meet the needs of users who want to know that their smart watch can support a variety of performance statistics during triathlon. With updated and improved heart rate, ground contact time, stride length and all functions synchronized with accurate heart rate and strength statistics.
- Supplied with pre-installed activity profiles. The Fenix 5 Plus is designed for a wide range of fitness activities. Innovative and detailed activity profiles for swimming, running, cycling and triathlon are among the profiles you can choose from with this model. This template also contains some recommendations if you want ideas on how to customize your fitness program.
- License plate V02 Max. When training hard, you may have technology that can provide accurate measurements that take into account variables beyond your control. Wind, altitude and temperature fluctuations outside and during the cold season can cause slight variations in the measured values, but the Fenix 5 Plus V02 Max records the exact variations taking this into account and ensures an accurate reading.
- Innovative performance level technology. The Phoenix 5 Plus also analyzes your heart rate, fitness level and heart rate variability at different power levels to give you a real-time assessment of your performance during your workout and how long you can keep working before you reach different thresholds.
WATCH THE AMAZONS
Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar:
- Glass solar charger lens. The Fenix 6 Pro Solar Edition is based on the solar energy expertise demonstrated in the Fenix 6X and includes a glass lens that covers the watch’s screen. This new and improved panel increases the lens’ ability to absorb ultraviolet rays and transfer this energy to the battery compartment. You can now have a full solar charge, which reduces the charging time.
- Technology to control the pulse rate of the wrist. Many watches designed for runners promise technology that can control your heart rate, but this can be a drawback for most models. In the Garmin Fenix Pro Solar Edition, intelligent technology synchronizes with your heartbeat through your wrist, which is displayed on the screen for easy monitoring.
- Equipped with GPS. One of the many things to enjoy on a treadmill is the convenience of your distance statistics on the monitor right in front of you. With Garmin Fenix Pro Solar Edition, you can now enjoy all those great GPS features like speed, distance and adjustable intervals that light up as you walk. The inconvenience of having to take a mental note about how to walk at a distance is gone.
- Pace Pro feature. For some of the most popular Garmin watches, customized training plans are available with the help of a Garmin trainer of your choice who will assist you throughout the race. The Fenix 6 Pro Solar is one of the watches with this handy trainer that helps you achieve your goals on days when running or any other form of fitness routine seems to become.
- Rechargeable battery on solar panels. One of the characteristics of Garmin watches is the great attention to detail in the production of batteries that can last a long time between charges. The Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar can be successfully charged for 7 days between charges. So you don’t have to worry so much about waiting for the battery to charge when you’re ready to get out and get to work.
WATCH THE AMAZONS
Similarities and differences
If you look at the main features of each of these watches, you will probably notice that they are all very similar. In fact, all three clocks can for the most part do the same thing. The Garmin Instinct Solar has many new updates to previous models using solar technology and is also fully visible on the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar display.
On the one hand, all three models have been completely redesigned in terms of size and dynamics to meet the requirements of advanced technology with its advanced battery features. All three models are designed for rough outdoor use and will certainly not disappoint in such circumstances.
All three models are well calibrated to cope with the influx of new functions. Garmin’s Sun Instinct and Phoenix 6 Pro solar glass combines the best of solar technology with powerful energy savings.
But perhaps the most important and striking difference between three watches is Garmin’s Sun Instinct and the inclusion of advanced performance control features. Many of them, such as the MGRS, are ideal for outdoor adventurers seeking adventure in the roughest mountains or off-roading. The Military Grid support system takes outdoor training to a whole new level.
What’s more, the Garmin Sun Instinct has more buttons than the Fenix 5 Plus or Fenix 6 Pro Solar. This function eliminates the need to go through the application to change settings. You can now change settings and preferences at the touch of a button.
The Fenix 6 Pro Solar also shows remarkable differences between the instincts of Garmin Solar and the Fenix 5 Plus. Power Glass combines the best of solar technology with a strong energy saving effect and is probably the largest of all Fenix 6 Pro Solar Edition glasses.
In addition, the Fenix 6 Pro Solar is the winner in terms of comfort and dimensions. This makes the watch ideal for running, cycling, swimming and other activities in terms of wrist comfort; it’s incredibly light on the wrist, unlike the bulky feel of the Garmin Sun Instinct or Phoenix 5 Plus.
A powerful heart rate monitor is used every three hours to give a high score. The Ultra Trasport mode of the Fenix Plus 5 also makes a noticeable difference between three hours.
This GPS setting allows you to track various activities for hours while saving battery power by reducing screen resolution and viewing tracking specifications with an accelerometer when you turn GPS off.
Given these differences between so many similarities, it becomes difficult to determine which of the three hours is the best way to compare.
Do I need to buy a Garmin, Garmin Phoenix 5 Plus or Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar?
We think the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar is the best of the three models.
The Garmin Sun’s instinct is to be a watch worthy of the name given the many features inherent in this model, but some wearers don’t always want a smart watch with many features; sometimes simplicity is all they need.
The MGRS technology of the Garmin Instinct Solar watch is very impressive, and this feature alone was enough to tip the balance in favor of this watch. However, the Pace Pro feature in Garmin Phoenix 6 Pro Solar is somewhat similar to the MGRS feature in Instinct Solar, and you have the added benefit of having access to a number of additional expert tracking functions when using Pace Pro in Phoenix 6.
Garmin Phoenix 5 Plus is about diversity; diversity in fitness choices and diversity in knowing what to monitor and control and how to do it. But this feature is versatile enough for the entire Phoenix series, and with the addition of solar technology, almost the same diversity can be found in the Phoenix 6 Pro Solar.
One of its biggest advantages is the inclusion of an ultra-track mode, which is very similar to MGRS in many ways. This feature is great in its ability to follow so many different activities, but at the same time it’s a bit like the Fenix 6 Pro Solar with the Pace Pro feature.
In this respect, the Fenix 6 Pro Solar is only one of three excellent watches. The resolution is so bright and innovative that the watch, along with the sunlight, is among the brightest and most useful in the Garmin series.
The Garmin Solar Instinct works closely together, but there are too many similarities between the Garmin Solar Instinct and the Fenix 6 Pro Solar to let the two models win equally in many categories. If you like the sound of the Fenix 5 Plus Ultra Track mode, this smart watch is also a good choice for you.
Is this expensive watch worth it?
Watch prices are also a colourful mix of high and affordable prices. When it comes to accessibility, the Garmin Sun Instinct is one of the most popular watches in this series for those looking for a less expensive smart watch. Quality is not sacrificed for a lower price and as long as you like big watches, this model is a great value for such a low price.
The Phoenix 5 Plus won’t go bankrupt if you choose this excellent watch. Compared to the Instinct Solar watch, there is a significant price increase, but it is not the most expensive of the three watches and can be considered the average market in terms of price analysis and Garmin smartphones.
If you’re looking for a smart watch that lets you easily check your performance statistics with enhanced features and project images, the Garmin Phoenix 5 Plus is definitely a superior model and a good mid-range watch.
However, if you are looking for a very similar watch that also offers many more features with a wider scope and performance metrics to keep track of a variety of activities, then the Fenix 6 Pro Solar is definitely a watch to consider.
And be prepared to pay for this watch – it’s incredibly expensive for a smartphone and the most expensive of the three watches.
The Fenix 6 Pro Solar has few disadvantages and is hard to resist. Whether you like jogging, swimming, cycling or triathlon – the Fenix 6 Pro Solar is without a doubt one of the highlights of Garmin’s Fenix series.
So, which one of these three hours wins the overall competition? The Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar is the same watch as the Instinct Solar and the Fenix 5 Plus. You may need to look at a slightly larger frame for this watch, but if you are looking for a watch that offers a wide range of features with solar technology, this is definitely a watch to choose from.
The Garmin Sunshine Instinct and the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus are just as smart watches.
First time here?
Take a moment to read some of our other popular articles about Garmin sports watches: