To support this free service, we receive affiliate commissions through a number of our links. It does not affect the ratings. Our review process.
Do you run out of space on your MacBook (or PC)? Or maybe he’s a little slower than usual. In my case, despite all my efforts to clean the hard disk and the recycle bin, I often got the error message Memory Full.
It turned out that the files were hidden in several places and took up all my disk space (Mac Mail attachments, browser cache, etc.). And even if I knew where to find the garbage, it would take me hours to clean it by hand.
I was thinking: There’s gotta be a better way! And I’ll do it. With just a few clicks, MacPaw’s CleanMyMac can save you gigabytes of disk space and keep your system running smoothly.
No matter how old your computer is, it’s always a good idea to be proactive and invest in a Mac cleaner that will save you a headache. Read on to find out how to get a clean Mac in no time.
Visit the CleanMyMac website
4.2 / 5
- Used by industry leaders and more than 5 million users
- The average user will find about 50 GB of free space to delete.
- Video tutorials (although the program is so intuitive that it is not necessary).
- Developed by MacPaw, a renowned company with a great team.
- The program has received numerous awards, including a Mac Observer Award.
- Works with 12 languages
- Also available for PC
- Free test and refund in case of dissatisfaction
- No phone or chat support
- Some licenses are quite expensive compared to other Mac applications.
- Cross-promotion of other products
CleanMyMac X Overview
There are three previous versions of the CleanMyMac Mac cleaner, but we will test the latest version, CleanMyMac X. It should also be noted that MacPaw has given us a free license to test all features, but this has not distorted our opinions and thoughts about the product.
CleanMyMac X, the latest and best version, is much faster than its predecessor, CleanMyMac 3. The graphics are much smoother and the user interface looks more up to date. In addition, the menu bar at the top is much more detailed with images (not just color details). What’s more, it’s still the same old application we love that keeps your computer running simply and efficiently and ensures that your computer doesn’t freeze up and free up memory.
In June 2019, CleanMyMac X released several product updates and can now download Safari and Slack (Chrome is next on the list) and remove caches from electronics-based applications such as Slack, GitHub, Atom, etc. They have also updated their malware database with more types of threats, making it even easier to minimize the risk of a malware attack.
- Compared to the previous version CleanMyMac is 3 times faster.
- Informs you that the program is not responding and asks you if you want to force the cancellation (see below).
- Quickly and easily view disk space, memory usage, battery life and CPU percentage on the dashboard (or in the menu bar, see below).
- Scans iTunes, MacMail, photo library, web browsers and more.
- Remove backups, software updates, and other obsolete information in iTunes
- Reduces the size of the photo library by replacing the RAW format with the JPEG format and removing unnecessary data.
- Detects files that are larger than normal or that you have not used for some time.
- Empty the dustbins of all programs, including the dustbin of the photo library.
- Stores the current total amount of space removed since the first scan.
- You can view a list of requests, sort them by size and remove them from the requests.
- The maintenance task performs a series of scripts to optimize performance and identify vulnerabilities.
- Immediately delete the browsing history in all browsers and check the history of the different chat programs.
- Removing or disabling unused application widgets and memory consuming plug-ins
- With the shredding function, folders and files can be safely and permanently deleted.
Free trial of CleanMyMac X (cleans up to 500 MB).
CleanMyMac X (for OS X 10.8+) :
- 89.95 for a one-time purchase (you only pay once, but only small software updates are included – large updates you want must be paid for).
- 39.95 per year for an annual subscription*.
- 9.99/month (or $108/year) subscription to Setapp* (these users also have access to over 100 other great Mac apps)
*Subscription options (annual and setapp) receive all updates.
If you have more than one device, you have the option to add additional licenses at a fraction of the cost of one license. So a small business or family of Mac users would save a lot of money by buying a 5 license package.
30% discount if you have a .edu e-mail address.
What do CleanMyMac users say?
Don’t take our word for it. Here are a few comments from customers, so you can get a better idea of the experience of others.
I love the new cleaning, maintenance and privacy features in iTunes. Everything works perfectly. The new flat user interface looks great. – Colin Morris, Melbourne, Australia (McPow website).
I’ve had my Mac for three years. I was wondering if he needed cleaning. This product was shipped with Parallels, so I didn’t pay for it. I hesitated to install it, but I did. I’m gonna run it with the default settings. It cost about 8 GB out of 2.5 TB. He found some old/large files I didn’t want to clean up. In fact, he just cleaned up the rest of the installation and language files, which I will never use. It worked well for this one. Otherwise, it hasn’t done as much as some Windows equivalents. I’m sure I can change the settings to make it more aggressive, but that’s not necessary. -Booch_211, February 2014 (Cnet.com)
I just fought with CleanMyMac 2, the additional part of the application. The application decided to run on my MAC without warning and took over 3 gigabytes of memory, slowing down my MAC – forcing me to slowly shut down and reboot all my applications. I had just enough time for the screenshot helper to destroy my MAC before I had to restart….I hope the next version is a bit smarter than the developers, but unfortunately that is not the case. I hope I removed CleanMyMac from MAC for the last time. It reminds me of the Norton software when it caused more damage to a computer than viruses. -Mark, March 2013 (BusinessBlogHubs.com)
CleanMyMacvideo file overview
Visit the CleanMyMac website
If you’re still not sure, here’s a 1.5 minute video that shows how easy it is to use Clean My Mac.
A clean Mac is a lucky Mac.
If you’re looking for a proactive tool that speeds up your computer and saves you from making multiple trips to the Apple Genius Bar, CleanMyMac is worth the investment. Once your Mac is fast and clean and your data is collected, make sure you have a backup so you don’t have to start all over again!
And now that your Mac’s brain is clean, you’ll learn how to clean the hoses (i.e., clean the inside of your PC so you can extend its lifespan (not applicable if you have a laptop/Macbook). And check out our online backup recommendations to find easy ways to back up your data to the cloud so you don’t have to worry about losing data. Finally, in the rare case that you have deleted (i.e. erased) something you didn’t want, find out how to get it back.
What software do you use to clean your computer?
Related topics :