This message contains partner links for which we can receive a commission at no extra charge if you make a purchase through our links. As employees of Amazon, we can earn money by gaining qualifications. Read more.
Players love disagreement, and for good reason! The platform is easy to use and offers an uninterrupted service, except for a few setbacks. No matter if your mismatch update failed or your microphone fails, these little problems can be very frustrating.
We did some research and found that the problem of the Failed Disk Update is quite common. There are simple solutions you can try to implement.
In this article we will discuss nine simple corrections of a search error that did not succeed. Try each solution bit by bit to find the one that works for you.
Reasons for failed hard disk update ?
Technically, we will never be able to determine the exact cause of the problem. It is a matter of examining different solutions and finding the reason for them.
Here are some common reasons for the failure of the disagreement update:
- Problems connecting to the Internet : Connection problems can also cause an update error. Rebooting the router or connecting to another network may solve this problem.
- Administrative rights : In case of disagreement, an update error often fails when another application with higher access rights is interrupted. You can solve this problem by running Discord as the administrator.
- Antivirus : Third party antivirus programs or Windows Defender sometimes mark an application as a threat. In this case, you can deactivate the application and continue the update.
Correction 1: Reboot the computer to
Try restarting your computer before moving on to more complex solutions. Errors such as a failed disk update are often fixed by rebooting the system.
Sometimes another application blocks the discordance update. When your computer restarts, all temporary files are automatically deleted and you can start again.
If restarting your computer did not help, try running Discord as an administrator.
Correction 2: Running the player as administrator
Most disk problems are caused by access rights. This is mainly due to the fact that another game or application with a higher access level interrupts the update. To solve this problem, run Discord with Administrator Privileges.
Save the disagreement in the name of the administrator :
- Close the disagreement request.
- Check that the Task Manager function is not running in the background.
- Right-click the shortcut icon and select Run as Administrator.
If you don’t see the Disagreement shortcut on your desktop, you will need to find it on your computer first.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu and enter the pause mode.
- Right-click on the search result of the Discord App and select Run as Administrator.
If the access restrictions have caused an error when updating the card, the update must now be performed. Otherwise, continue with the following corrections in the list.
Correction 3: Switching off window defenders
If you are a Windows 10 user, you know how Windows Defender sometimes mistakenly classifies files as dangerous. You may not be able to update Discord because Windows Defender prevents you from doing so.
To correct an incorrect update, disable Windows Defender and try again.
To disable Windows Defender:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Click on the cogwheel icon in the lower left corner to open the settings.
- Select Update and Protect in the next window.
- Select Windows Security in the left pane and Virus and Threat Protection in the right pane.
- Scroll down to the virus and threat protection settings and select Control Settings.
- Now disable the real-time protection.
It’s important: Don’t forget to activate Windows Defender after updating your dissonance. It plays a crucial role in protecting your computer against viruses and threats.
Update Discord, and if it works, immediately activate the antivirus and threat protection in Windows Defender.
corrected 4: Disabling the Windows Firewall
If disabling the Windows Firewall protection did not help, try disabling all incoming connections to the Windows Firewall. If you disable Windows Firewall, incoming connections to your network will be unblocked.
To disable the Windows Firewall:
- Type Windows Defender Firewall in the search field and open it.
- In the left pane, click Enable or Disable the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then clear the Block all incoming connections check box.
- Press OK to save the settings.
Restart the Discord application for an update. If the Discord Update Failed error is still displayed, try disabling the firewall instead of allowing connections.
- Select the Disable Windows Defender Firewall option for public and private networks.
Whether this solution works or not, activate the Windows Defender firewall immediately. Follow the same steps as described above, except for selecting the option to enable Windows Defender Firewall this time.
corrected 5: Disabling antivirus
If a third party antivirus application is installed in the system, this may be the vendor’s fault. Antivirus applications sometimes describe an application as a threat if too many requests are made. Classifying an application as unsafe can disrupt the entire system and prevent the drive from being upgraded.
Disable the third-party antivirus application and update Discord again. Once the update is installed, you can reactivate the virus protection. If this doesn’t work, try the following solution.
corrected 6: Rename disk update file
The chord uses a file called Update.exe to update the disk at boot time. If the disk update failed, it may be due to a damaged update file. If the update file is damaged, the disagreement is forced to download and use a new copy. This way Discord will correct the update error itself.
To rename your discord update file:
- Press Windows + R, type %localappdata% in the dialog box, then press Enter.
- Go to the Appdata folder -> Local folder and double click on the Rupture folder.
- Select the file Update.exe and press the F2 key on your keyboard to rename the file.
If a corrupted update file caused an error in the disk update, the problem must be fixed. If this is not the case, try the following solution.
corrected 7: Reinstalling the player
If none of the solutions have worked for you so far, try reinstalling Discordance on your computer. The files on the drive may be damaged or corrupted, which may result in an error when updating the drive.
For a new installation, uninstall Discord and remove the remaining files from the system. The process is therefore divided into three phases:
- Remove the tear
- Delete Disk Cache Files
- Reinstallation of a crack
Remove the player
In order to eliminate disagreement in the system
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the start dialog box. Type appwiz.cpl in the dialog box and press Enter.
- On the control panel, right-click the floppy icon and select Remove.
- Restart the computer.
After uninstalling the application, the next step is to delete the files from the drive’s cache memory.
Removing drive cache files
Delete Disk Cache Files :
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to enter Task Manager mode.
- Scroll through the list of applications and background processes, right-click a process attached to the drive and select the Exit Task option.
It’s important: Files on disk will not be deleted unless all disk related processes have been performed in Task Manager.
- Hold down the Windows + R keys together, then type %appdata% and press Enter.
- In the AppDataRoaming folder, right-click on the Disk folder and select Delete.
You have now deleted the Diskord application and all its files from your computer. The last step is to reinstall the application.
Reinstalling the player
To reinstall disagreement:
- Go to the official Discord website and click Download for Windows.
- After downloading, run Discord.exe to install the application on your computer.
Reinstalling the disk not only solves the error of the disk update, but also most other problems. This is a new start for the application. If you still have a problem, try installing Discord elsewhere.
Correction 8: Stoking up disagreement elsewhere
For some users an error related to not updating the hard drive has been solved by installing the hard drive elsewhere. You have already downloaded the Discord installer, so this correction will only take a few minutes.
To place disagreement elsewhere:
- Uninstall the floppy disk and download the latest version of the installer.
- Press Windows + R keys, enter the %localappdata% dialog box and press Enter.
- In the following windows, move the Discordance folder to the new location.
When you install the drive now, add the files to the new folder.
Did you fix an error when updating the hard disk?
We have discussed all the solutions that have fixed errors in the past related to not updating the disagreement. If the problem persists, please wait a while before trying to update the application again.
You can also use the Discord website instead of the Discord client. Some features, such as push to talk, are not available on this site, but otherwise it is a great replacement.